Wednesday, November 08, 2006

dirt commish

Well I have to say that yesterday's election really ticked me off. The fact that the Dems steamrolled to victory in Congress was no big surprise. However, the fact that the back side of my ballot had not one but three separate Soil and Water Commissioner positions to vote for was baffling, befuddling, and downright stupid! So apparently I live simultaneously in soil district 2, 3, and 5. How does someone vote for the best soil and water commissioner? What if the person with the prettiest name knows a heck of a lot about soil but not a dang thing about water? I would wager that 99% of the working stiffs that went to vote yesterday knew about as much about this coveted position as me. What exactly does this person do? Furthermore, the fact that you've read this far is a bloomin' miracle because I don't think anybody cares. For whatever reason this just sort of got under my skin, and true to this whole blogoverse phenomenon, I feel better having spilled the beans. So goes my first foray into blahgging.
Of course, like most folks made mostly of water, I spend every working day entirely removed from what the above "politician" deals with as I'm huddled deep within the bowels of Corporate America in a sterile semi-cubicle. Of course this will likely be the theme of several future rants. So Godspeed, and get on with it. Don't wait for some public "servant" or office manager to fulfill your dreams.

No comments: