Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Great Work Begins as a Seed

So I got my mediocre little column (well more like two of 'em pasted together) published in one of our papers up here. Though it isn't a paying gig, it's a real lesson that you don't have to wait until you have your very best work or maximum inspiration to start pursuing your dreams. I know I'm awfully bored with my 9 to 5 and frankly it's time I started doing something about it. I encourage you to do the same. It takes hard work, perseverance, and you've got to start some where.
I think my next dealio is going to be a look at an architect involved in the small house movement. Check the link for tumbleweedhouses.com. It'll blow you away to see viable houses at 100 square feet or even less. It's very convicting because we have got to be about more than maintaining and paying for our oversized houses. Now if I can only get to it between all my projects around my own money pit!

No comments: